Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Doctor Visit

1 Fevrier 2011


Homework break! Yes, I still am taking classes while in Paris. But, my event for today was going to a doctor in Paris. My pink eye didn't clear up, so I decided to see one. After all, doctor visits are covered under my health insurance and I will be reimbursed (doctors need to be paid in cash here).
I went during walk-in time, waited an hour, and got my prescription. The doctor was friendly and spoke English. He could immediately tell I was a student (I went to the doctor's office right by my study abroad center) just when I said "Bonsoir." Then, off I go to the pharmancy and I'm able to fulfill my prescription with pocket change. Very different than back home!


Also, I've been searching all the libraires (bookstores) for my textbooks. I have had the most difficult time trying to find the one book I need for my Islam et Maghreb class. It seems no one actually have it in stock, even though their website says they do. But, I placed an order for it at a local libraire, so come friday I should have the majority of my textbooks.
Interestingly, it mandatory by law that all books (in French) are the same price, no matter what store. At least I don't have to worry about trying to find a good deal. Actually, textbooks here are much cheaper than back home. They are also smaller, easily portable.


Au demain


MM

1 comment:

  1. Je suis heureuse que tu sois bien apres ta visite chez le docteur! (look at that subjunctive usage, veronique would be so proud)

    ReplyDelete