15 Janvier
~Anglais~
Yesterday at orientation was mostly about excursions and French life. How to meet people, what to do, etc. The best way would probably to go on a CIJP event (Club International des Jeunes à Paris) which involves city stuff and weekend trips! I'm interested, especially since many trips are not that badly priced. Also, IES showed us the possible excursions we could go on. I really want to see Normandie, Giverny, and Reims. Normandy (for the English spelling) is famous in the US for D-Day. But, it also has a beautiful castle there, called Mont Michel. Giverny is home to the gardens made famous by Monet's paintings. Reims is in the Champagne region of France, the only region in the world that makes true champagne. Also, it has a gorgeous cathedral.
After orientation (which was very long again) Rebecca and I went home, changed, then took off again to dinner on the Seine (the river that runs through Paris). Unfortunately, the water was high, so the boat couldn't go around the monuments since it couldn't clear the bridges, and it was raining so we didn't go to the top to lookout, but it was still fun. Afterwards I went with some friends to a little café in Montparnesse. It was fun. Today I'll be off to the Tour Eiffel and Tuileries!
Au demain
MM
No comments:
Post a Comment